FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(1) How often do the licenses have to be renewed?
Never - Our licenses are perpetual. New versions may require an update fee.
(2) What is the difference in the trial programs and the licensed applications?
The trial applications run for 7 days with all features engaged. The licensed applications run indefinitely.
(3) The application image is too small on my screen. Is there any way to make it larger?
Our applications are mostly 600 by 800 pixels in size. You can enlarge the image for higher resolution display monitors by use of the process below on Windows 10.
(a) Right click on desktop before starting the Challenge application.
(b) Click "Display settings".
(c) Scroll down the display page to "Scale and layout".
(d) Click the right side of the block to show options.
(e) Click on 125%. This should make most programs large enough to be easily used.
(f) Start the Challenge application of your choice.
You may want to set the Scale and layout back after use of the challenge applications. A few of our applications have a resolution of 480 by 600. Some users set their resolution to 150% for these application.
(4) Do you still offer unlimited site licenses?
Yes. Unlimited site licenses allow you to use any number of copies of the applications at one low fixed price. The site license allows an unlimited number of copies to be used on site computers and file servers. In addition, the unlimited site may optionally allow students, faculty and employees to use up to two copies of the applications on home computers and notebooks.
(5) Is there a difference in the Site license applications and the applications available from the Windows Store?
The applications are functionally identical except for the installation process. Windows Store applications are installed directly by the store software on a per copy basis. Windows Store Challenge applications only work on Windows 10. Site license buyers receive a master copy of the application via download. An activation key is also supplied that can be shared with all eligible users at the licensed site. In addition, the site license version will work on all Windows versions from 98 to 10. Site license master copies and keys can be replaced at no cost.
(6) Can I run these applications on my MAC OSX ?
Not directly. Third party software can be used to run Windows Apps on MAC computers. See more information here.
(7) Can I run these applications on Chromebooks ?
It is possible. Not easy at this time. We are working on this ! See more information here.(8) Problems downloading under Windows 10 ?
Windows 10 is delivered set to only download programs from the Window Store. In order to use progrms from other sources you must change some setting at described below.
(1) Click the Windows key at the lower left of your keyboard.
(2) Click the settings button.
(3) Click Apps
(4) Under " Where to get apps" Choose "Anywhere"
You can now use apps from sources other than from the Windows Store.